Welcome

Please feel free to comment, correct me if I am wrong, or provide helpful tips of any kind


Nature in it's glory

Nature in it's glory

May 15, 2011

Hooded Warbler: Second Stow-away

Hooded Warbler attempting to hide
I was somewhat disappointed by the low number of bird species that I encountered while on  Caribbean Cruise, however, many of the birds I did see, I would never have come across if not on holiday in the Caribbean.   This is likely one of them.


One truth to tell here, despite my love of birds, is that I was less aware as to how, when and where to look for birds then as I am now.  Another is, that I was fortunate to see these birds at all, since, after all, how many birds, besides gulls, do you see when the much of your time is spent out in the middle of the ocean?

Hooded warbler
This Hooded Warbler accompanied us from our first, to our second port of call and spent the majority of it's time attempting to escape all the people and noise on board ship.  At one point, this little beauty was so desperate, that it was hiding behind the liquor bottles at the outdoor bar on deck. 

Hooded Warbler Cropped
Unfortunately, since this bird is only a rare visitor to Alberta, so I am unlikely to see it here. If I ever do, I will be sure to let you know.

Enjoy,

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment