Welcome

Please feel free to comment, correct me if I am wrong, or provide helpful tips of any kind


Nature in it's glory

Nature in it's glory

Jul 26, 2012

Warning signs

We've had a lot of rain lately. So much so that, I'm wishing we could share. The result is that the river is running deeper and the creeks have overflowed their banks,and so too have city ponds. I only noticed because I happened to pass by a pond on my way to work. This particular pond's circumference has expanded by about six feet.

Boundaries old and new

                    Here the bullrushes mark the original boundaries.

Trees in water
There are other things that I noticed too.  The wildlife around the pond seemed subdued.  The pond too quiet.  Missing was the shrill song of the Red-winged Blackbird.  Most were gone, because now their nests and offspring were buried underwater.  The warning signs, with the boat and fisherman on it, were also half underwater.  For the first time I actually stopped to read one of the signs.


And for the first time I wished there was no wildlife at or near this pond.  I wished the wildlife could read.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment