Welcome

Please feel free to comment, correct me if I am wrong, or provide helpful tips of any kind


Nature in it's glory

Nature in it's glory

Sep 29, 2011

The Beauty of wildflowers

Purple bells near the river
Always when I'm out on one of my bird watch excursions, I'm amazed by the quiet, natural beauty of the forests and fields all around me.   The diversity of life that nature provides never ceases to provide delight and wonder for all the senses.  Take wildflowers for example.  You will not find many of them in your garden, because most of them grow only under certain conditions that would not normally be present there.



This flower reminds me of tiger lilies






I do not know what the names of the flowers in this post are.  I only know that they are beautiful and that some are similar in appearance to flowers you can find in a garden center, while others would never be found there.   Some might be found in places like the Muttart conservatory here in Edmonton, although I'm not sure about that.

Gorgeous yellow
The flowers featured here all grew in wet, boggy fields or near ponds and waterways, where the ground was naturally saturated with water.
Pink beauty in boggy field
Enjoy,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment