Welcome

Please feel free to comment, correct me if I am wrong, or provide helpful tips of any kind


Nature in it's glory

Nature in it's glory

Aug 4, 2011

Photos: Four new bird species this week

This has been a very fortunate week for bird watching for me so far.  Not only was the weather very cooperative, but I also had the time.  So I was able to go to a few of my favorite places.  The result was that I could add four new species of birds to my photography list.

Lark Sparrow in song

Lark sparrow crowning the flowers
The Lark Sparrow above insisted on gaining my attention and was not at all alarmed by my presence.  He sang almost the whole time that I was taking his pictures.

Hairy Woodpecker

The Hairy woodpecker flew into some photos I was taking of a Red Tailed Hawk.  The picture is a crop and somewhat blurred, but you can still tell exactly what species he is.

Gray Catbird in hiding

When this Gray Catbird started meowing like a cat, I naturally had to look for him.  Unfortunately he refused to come out into the open, so he is mostly in silhouette.  I plan to go back and try again to get a clear portrait of this beauty.

Savannah sparrow Swinging in the wind
Savannah Sparrow posing

The Savannah sparrow seemed to take great joy in swinging in the wind on the top of the plant he occupying.  In fact he seemed to prefer that particular plant over  all the others available, since he flew from one to another periodically.

Enjoy,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment