Welcome

Please feel free to comment, correct me if I am wrong, or provide helpful tips of any kind


Nature in it's glory

Nature in it's glory

Oct 5, 2010

Canada Goose update

First of all my apologies to everyone.   My old computer finally kicked the bucket by going up in smoke. Literally.  The salvaging of my files and photos is in progress and  recycling will take place soon.  It took some doing but I managed to get a new computer, so hopefully I will be back on track within the week.

Canada Goose



My birdwatching activity has slowed down now that migration is almost complete, but I decided to head for the pond near my work early this morning to see if I would luck out one more time this year.   And well I did.  There was one lone Canada Goose on the pond and a couple of Mallard Ducks.  This Goose appeared  somehow different from the others that I'm used to seeing so I made a point to take more than just a couple of pictures.

I didn't have time to really think about it before work, but when I finally got home and loaded the pictures into the computer I noticed that this particular Goose has a prominent write stripe around the base of it's long neck.

Canada Goose a closer look

So I decided to do some quick checking on the internet only to learn that there several different species of Canada Goose.  I don't know about you, but up to this point I always assumed that all Canada Geese were created equal.  I will have to have a second, closer look at my photos of the species to see if  I can spot any other differences and do some more research.  I will let you know what I discover soon.  In the meantime, if you have any information to share about Canada Geese please leave me a comment.

Susan










No comments:

Post a Comment