Welcome

Please feel free to comment, correct me if I am wrong, or provide helpful tips of any kind


Nature in it's glory

Nature in it's glory

Sep 3, 2010

Ferruginous hawk: rare sighting

Today I decided to go on bird watch despite a billion things that needed to be done at home. It is migration season after all and I really do not want to miss any opportunities of seeing new bird species.   This turned out to be luckier for me than I could possibly imagine and  I am so excited I couldn't wait to share these pictures with you.








I am especially excited by this sighting, because the Ferruginous Hawk is an endangered species.  The only other time that I ever saw one, was five or six years ago near the golf course in Millwoods.  I had never seen one before, but it was a light phase Ferruginous hawk which was unmistakable.  This one is a bit darker in coloring but I am ninety percent certain it is the same species.  I sincerely hope you enjoy these pictures.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment