Welcome

Please feel free to comment, correct me if I am wrong, or provide helpful tips of any kind


Nature in it's glory

Nature in it's glory

Jun 20, 2010

Red Tailed Hawk : New Pictures

I went back to the Red Tail Hawk's nesting sites in hopes of getting pictures of their nestlings. Unfortunately I didn't even get to see them, never mind get some photos of them, but I did get these pictures of the adults.  They were not too happy with me, or a Swainson's Hawk that circled too close to the nest site.

Red Tailed Hawk perched
Red Tailed Hawk stooping to attack
Red Tailed Hawk screaming
Red Tailed Hawk in flight
Close above me
Red Tailed Hawk turning
Red Tailed Hawk in silhouette
Soaring above the trees






Most of the time it was the male Red Tail that circled around me trying to get me to leave the area, but once it was the female to the left, who is much larger.





If you double click on the pictures to enlarge them you will have a closer view of these  beautiful birds.

Enjoy!

Susan

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment