Welcome

Please feel free to comment, correct me if I am wrong, or provide helpful tips of any kind


Nature in it's glory

Nature in it's glory

Oct 15, 2010

Woodpecker: Just pictures

I don't see Woodpeckers all that often, but when I do it is usually in the fall.  No doubt this is because the trees are mostly bare of leaves.  Although I haven't identified the Woodpeckers the below the Northern Flicker yet,  I thought you might enjoy the pictures I managed to get this year.

The following is a yellow shafted Northern Flicker:

Northern Flicker on the ground





Northern Flickr
Northern Flicker and feather
Northern Flicker Watchful
Norther flicker in flight
Just the wing
On the tree trunk














This one below is a female, notice the lack of red coloring on the head:

Through the fence
Downy Woodpecker








On the tree
Searching for bugs













Woodpecker in flight:

Downy woodpecker in flight
Fast flight
Downy woodpecker taking off



This one is a male with a bright red spot on its head:

My backyard
Upside down
In between

Enjoy,

Susan







No comments:

Post a Comment